Running a demanding operation requires speed and efficiency to meet customer expectations and having a trusted partner who understands the specific needs of your business is key to success. When Stelrad recently expanded its National Distribution Centre and required a new materials handling solution, it turned to Yale® sub-dealer, Forkway.
• The UK’s largest manufacturer of radiators – produces over 2.5 million radiators a year for the UK market
• Handles 50,000 customer deliveries per year from its South Yorkshire distribution centre
• Maintains an industry-leading 99% ‘Customer On-Time Delivery’ status
• Has worked with Yale sub-dealer, Forkway for over 15 years
“Forkway is our sole supplier for materials handling equipment and has played a significant role in the development of our warehousing and distribution operation,” – Paul Schofield, Warehouse and Distribution Manager for Stelrad.
The client’s requirements:
After increasing the size of their distribution centre to 160,000 square feet, Stelrad required a materials handling solution designed to maximise productivity levels and maintain their customer delivery success rate.
“At Stelrad, we have specific needs that require the supply of equipment across a wide range of types. For us to achieve our goals, the equipment needs to be running throughout the 24-hour shift period,” – Paul Schofield
• Six heavy-duty Yale® MR20HD reach trucks with Pedestrian Awareness Lights, offering Stelrad higher travel, lift and lower speeds
• 18 Yale MP20X platform pallet trucks fitted with longer forks and repositioned load wheels, minimising damage during pickup and transportation
• A Yale GLP18VX Veracitor to lift radiator fins onto the production line, alongside three Yale MP20X platform pallet trucks to transport finished goods to the packaging machine were provided
• A knowledgeable service team working in perfect synergy with Stelrad
“The service team has initiated a tailored materials handling equipment service programme that demonstrates their total understanding of our operational requirements. I have always been impressed with Forkway’s consultative approach of looking at our operational requirements and proposing solutions tailored to suit our needs,” – Paul Schofield.